Getting educational licenses for your school or university only takes a few minutes. The process is automated and does not require a background check!
- Head to the Ludiq Store
- Add Bolt to your cart
- Increase the quantity to how many seats you need (10 is the minimum order)
- Enter EDUCATION as the coupon code
- Update your cart
Once your order has been processed, your licenses will be linked to your Ludiq account. This allows you to download Bolt from our releases page.
You can download Bolt yourself from the account that purchased the licenses and distribute it to your students manually, via your school's computer labs or internal file server.
There is no DRM on the Bolt asset, so distributing the files manually is a viable option that is allowed by the license.
The advantage of transferring licenses is that students won't rely on their teacher to get newer versions or source files.
However, it is a permanent operation and you cannot get the license "back" from your student's account afterwards.
If you decide to transfer licenses, the process is easy.
- Go to your Account page
- Scroll down to the Licenses section
- Click the Transfer button
- Enter the student's e-mail address
- Click Confirm Transfer
Warning: Transferring is a permanent operation and you cannot get the license "back" from your student's account afterwards.
The full legal terms of the educational license are displayed upon checkout, but to cut through the legalese, here's a human-readable summary:
- You do not need to renew your licenses every year: they are perpetual.
- You must purchase one license per student or staff seat in your cohort.
- You and your students may use Bolt for educational and non-commercial projects.
- You and your students may not use Bolt for commercial projects.
- You must purchase at least 10 licenses to be eligible to the educational rate.
- You can get free updates from the Ludiq website.
What we mean by "seats" is that the licenses are not tied to people, they're tied to a number of concurrent users (students and staff) in your organization.
For example, if you have 10 students and 1 teacher, you need 11 licenses ($275 total). If, the year after, your cohort grows to have 15 students, you would need 5 additional licenses ($125). Then, if you stay at 15 students for the next year or further, you don't need to renew your license.
Unfortunately, to prevent abuse, we do not offer individual student discounts.
Please contact your teacher or school to let them know you'd like to use Bolt as part of your classes!